Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sympatico is SOOO Wonderful!!

So I come home tonight to find my email not working. Nothing I tried did anything. So I make the call to Sympatico. Now normally I have no problems with them at all.  But I think they have a MAC deficiency.  

Anyway, so nothing is working, and the agent, who is of course in another country and has a heavy accent, tells me that they've changed the servers.  And just WHEN were they going to tell people??? So fine, we change everything, and still not working. Then he says we need to delete the accounts and establish them again.  I hesitated because "delete" is not a good thing. He assured me no problem. So I did. And, you guessed it, it deleted all emails in my inboxes. I had more than 200!! Yes, yes, I know, I need to file them blah, blah, blah...but I just didn't have time. And now they are gone forever. I am so mad I could spit.  

I ended up speaking with a supervisor. He's the one who told me they couldn't retrieve them and that I shouldn't delete my accounts. I politely suggested that he tell his other agents not to give customers the wrong directions!! What I wanted to say I can't leave in print here. Anyway, he did apologize several times. What else could he do? He's not the moron.  Sigh.

And now it is almost 8pm and I am finally going to go and eat my dinner.....that I was supposed to eat 2 hours ago before I had to make this wonderful call. Yes, I was on the phone almost 2 hrs! Thank goodness it wasn't long distance, then I'd be really ticked!

No comments: